Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New forensic science class at CSULA

The California Forensic Science Institute is sponsoring a series of extended education courses at CSULA that are open to the public.  The first, "Basic Crime Scene Investigation," is a two-day course taught by Ruben A. Flores, a Supervising Criminalist at the LA County Sheriff's Dept lab.  He's also worked for the Huntington Beach PD and the LAPD.  

According to a course brochure sent to me by the CFSI, "...Students will learn the fundamentals of physical evidence identification, documentation, collection, and packaging.  Through class exercises and a fun homework assignment, students will get practical experience in the common methods of crime scene investigation...."

The course is scheduled for 11/15 and 11/22, 8:30 AM to 5 PM, and is limited to 25 students.  The course fee of $275 includes a booklet and other course materials.

Call the CFSI at 323-343-4900 for more information or to register for the class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, just read your 1st book in series called Goodnight Irene! Loved it and couldn't put in down. I am reading your book on a Kindle and there are 2 books that I can not purchase. Bones and Liar. Could you do anything about getting them on Amazon so I can purchase them. I'm going to read you whole series of "Irene Kelly". Loved the characters and your writing makes me won't to finish the whole book at one setting. Thanks Sharon

Jan Burke said...

Hi Sharon!

Please forgive the delayed reply! I'm so glad you enjoyed Goodnight, Irene, and thank you so much for getting the other books.

I'm not sure I can do much about the Kindle editions of Bones and Liar, but I will ask my publisher about that.

How do you like the Kindle?

Yours,
Jan