Thursday, February 08, 2007

Off to Buffalo

I probably won't post for a few days -- I'm on my way to Buffalo, New York.
Yes, I know it's February, and what happens there in February.
Don't worry 'bout this Californian.
Writing while snowbound is actually rather wonderful.
At least, it is when you get to decide that you've had enough of snow.



Had another photo I wanted to use here, but when it comes to images, Blogger and I are apparently not working together well these past few days. Keep getting error messages.

[Update: Addded irritation now that I finally have Internet access again -- this post, from Thursday, didn't make it to the blog. So, greetings from JFK airport, and I'll hope to overcome all these blogstacles!!!]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jan,
Have a great trip. Last year I was in Manhattan for a blizzard. It was my first one. The good news is New Yorkers know how to deal with snow. I'll look forward to your next post.
Mary-Frances

Jan Burke said...

Yes, the folks in Buffalo certainly know how to deal with it!

Anonymous said...

wish I would have known you were here (I'm from the Buffalo area) - it would have been nice to meet you. nothing was posted on your schedule about your trip here. did you enjoy it or was it too cold? this was the coldest we have had in a couple of years. sorry to have missed you. Marla Maertin

Jan Burke said...

Hi Marla,
It wasn't on my schedule because I didn't do any public appearances there. It was a family visit -- my husband was born in Buffalo.
I was there for the seven feet in a few days a couple of Christmases ago, but it sounds as if this set of storms has been worse in some ways.

Maybe I'll set something up on another trip to allow some kind of get together with any fans in the area.

Yours,
Jan