Sunday, February 04, 2007

Back again


Briefly, anyway.

Just returned from LCC 2007. Andi and all the other volunteers (I'm not forgetting you, Stu!) did a fabulous job of running this convention. As usual, I didn't get enough time with all the people I wanted to see. Seattle is a great place to hold a meeting -- lots to see and do and plenty of wonderful eateries, too. I made my usual pilgrimage to Wild Ginger.

The forensic panels went very well -- many thanks to those who came to hear those sessions. I also enjoyed doing the LCC 101 panel with Janet Rudolph of Mystery Readers International.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled Internet -- I'm off to do some laundry!



Above: This lovely photo of Seattle, taken from the Bainbridge Ferry, is used courtesy of Carrie Hosfeldt, who has my thanks for making it available on morguefile.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jan,
It was great to meet you at LCC. You did a wonderful job presenting LCC 101 and the CSI Don't Think So panel was great. The presentation by the Washington State Patrol was also very informative. I could go on and on. I ended up getting to spend some time with Lee and Doug after the panel and they are both great guys.

My favorite Burkeisms from LCC:

To new authors--You're public figures now so along with not scratching inappropriate places be aware of what you say in public.

To attendees--This is like seeing Europe in a weekend you have to pick the few things you want to do the most.

To evreyone--Hydrate and don't forget to eat.

Okay, I'm paraphrasing what was said but honestly you had us in stitches.

I hope our paths cross again soon.

Warm Regards,
Mary-Frances Makichen

Jan Burke said...

Hi Mary-Frances,
It was good to meet face-to-face -- I'm just sorry that my schedule there was so hectic. I would have loved to have talked to you at greater length. Alas -- as I was saying at the 101 panel (I'm so glad you liked it!), there's just never enough time to do everything you want to do at a convention....

Anonymous said...

Will you be starting a new book in the irene kelly series?

Anonymous said...

Dear Jan (and "sister" of Sisters in Crime):

I just wanted to let you know that our Florida Sisters in Crime chapter bookgroup choose YOUR book for this month's book discussion! We are reading "Goodnight, Irene" for February.

As "sisters", we decided that we could support SinC by reading SinC writers! :-)

Keep up the good work -- several of us are already hooked and are reading the next in the Irene Kelly series.

Thanks!
Beverly Kiesel
Webmaven, Florida Sisters in Crime
bjkiesel@surfsideroc.com

Jan Burke said...

I'm working on something outside the series right now, but plan to write another Irene Kelly after this one.

Yours,
Jan

Jan Burke said...

Dear Beverly,
I'm so flattered! Please thank the members of your bookgroup -- I appreciate their willingness to give Goodnight, Irene a read!

Yours,
Jan